Monday, September 19, 2011

Naginata Posters

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted!  The past couple months have been particularly busy.  Many new ALTs (assistant language teachers) came to my prefecture from various Western countries and I've been helping them get accustomed to life in Japan and teaching.  And I've also been traveling a bit within Japan.  The combination of which means I haven't had much time to write.  In fact, I haven't been practicing much either; I'm hoping to get back to it this week.

In the meantime, I made a couple of Naginata-related posters.  The first one was a Mario-themed poster to cheer on my base school's team at a national competition:

(click to view larger)
The second poster was displayed during prefectural orientation for the new ALTs.  The more experienced ALTs made posters about activities that the new ALTs might want to get involved in, such as koto (a stringed instrument), shodo (calligraphy), taiko (drumming), etc. and I naturally chose Naginata:

No comments:

Post a Comment