Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wearing a Men (Helmet) with Ear Piercings

I have three semi-sizable (6, 8, and 14 gauge) piercings in each ear. Since I've started training with bogu (armor)[1], figuring out what to wear in my piercings under my men (helmet) has been a challenge.  Obviously I want something that won't potentially lead to bleeding when I'm struck!  And I'd like to have jewelry that I can leave in during practice, so I don't have to fiddle with taking out jewelry before practice and putting it back in after and potentially losing it.

Fortunately I already have a couple pairs of Kaos Softwear Silicone Hider Plugs, which take care of my 6 and 8 gauge holes.  They're soft and flexible and work great!

I'm having less luck with my 14 gauge piercings.  I tried Body Bonz, but I really can't recommend them.  Despite being advertised as flexible, they're really not.  Two of them also managed to fall out of my ears in the span of three days (when I wasn't even training!)  So until I can find something better I'm stuck with wearing my regular jewelry and taking it out for the duration of practice.

--

[1] i'll write more about training with bogu in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment